Friday, December 18, 2020

Because We Are All Athletes

Discipline, not desire determines destiny.
Dr. Charles Stanley

I have a love/hate relationship with this Thing below.
It gets my heart-rate up just looking at it,
knowing the potential it has to make me extremely uncomfortable for a bit
to feel better for a lot longer!😄😜


Physical fitness is a fine thing,
but it should not be a consuming passion...

"For bodily exercise profits a little, 
but godliness is profitable for all things, 
having promise of the life that now is 
and of that which is to come."
1 Tim.4:8


We are all athletes, my precious 
In spite of age, shape or size 
It is not physical fitness 
That equips or qualifies 

We, in the race of a lifetime
Will not all receive the prize 
Only if we trust in Jesus 
And His blood that justifies 

Not with speed of feet so agile 
Not by fetes of great renown  
But the finish of the faithful 
Will receive the Victor’s Crown 

© Janet Martin 

1 Cor.9:24-27

The Need for Self-Discipline
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? 
Run in such a way as to get the prize. 
25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. 
They do it to get a crown that will not last, 
but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
  26Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; 
I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 
27No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave 
so that after I have preached to others, 
I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!