Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Taking the Follow, Not The Lead


Christian's song after Faith was persecuted...
Excerpt from the book The Pilgrim's Progress  

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 23:2-3

He makes me to lie down in [b]green pastures;
He leads me beside the [c]still waters.
3He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Psalm 61:2
From the end of the earth I will cry to You, 
When my heart is overwhelmed; 
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Matt.6:13
And lead us not into temptation
but delivers us from evil,

***

Who we follow affects everything we do 
and everywhere we go!

***

A leader cannot force the follower.
The follower chooses his or her leader.

***

Dear Lord, a prayer to Thee for we
who seek to follow Thee

Keep us unmoved by reason that seeks to invade meek trust 
Help us, in each new season to surrender to Thy lead 
Remind us, we are mortal and the logic of our dust 
In its most shining hour is most fallible indeed 

Hone love’s steadfast ambition to follow and not to stray 
Shield us from finite vision rather than Your promises 
Lead us in paths of righteousness; let no temptation sway 
Lest we forget your sacrifice, enticed by worldliness 

There is a way that seems right to a man but leads to death 
Oh, let us never trust in it; but in Thy Word instead 
The spirit is so willing but the flesh, ah, but the flesh 
Is easily seduced when by our carnal nature led 

The way is straight and narrow that leads to eternal life 
Let not faith’s footsteps falter or be fooled by what we see 
For though where You lead may seem hard and troubled with much strife 
Tis but the wink ere death is swallowed up in victory 

© Janet Martin

The World is full of ways to go and wiles to follow
There in only One Way to life eternal...
Jesus said to him, 
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through Me.
John 14:6 









Prov.4:26
Ponder the path of your feet, 
And let all your ways be established.

Dr. Charles Stanley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!