Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Book-Shopping


I keep creating a delightful dilemma;
running out of room for books!


Books are becoming the décor of necessity!😀
 



And any neat and tidy bookcases are constantly be messed! 
Isn't that great?!!😊

Is this then 
Ink-toxication? 
I wonder, what else could it be 
The slur of the ditty 
Makes me rather giddy 
Not as sedate as I should be 

Are these yellow pages 
Imbibed with the ages 
Somehow playing tricks on my brain 
This spell I am under 
Is it real, I wonder 
This feeling is hard to explain 

My logic is muddled 
Will-power befuddled 
I don’t feel at all like myself 
I'm hypnotized, I confess  
By ink-induced happiness 
Lining shelf after shelf after shelf 

Those enticing hard covers
Are like starry-eyed lovers
All calling out, pick me, pick me
Oh, tell me, how do
I choose only one or two
Inhale, exhale, I'll take twenty-three

© Janet Martin 









2 comments:

  1. Such a delightful poem, Janet! And the books fit right in where you placed them, it's a good-book-look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you<3 H-m-m! I like that...a good-book-look! It can be interpreted to the reader's liking!;-)

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!