Sunday, December 27, 2020

I'm Glad To Know

 

When focus gets out of fix
and faith gets out of focus
it's time to fix faith's focus!


Yesterday on my walk it felt a bit like peering into the future...
couldn't see very far!


This morning a bit of yesterday's 'future' has unfolded 
bringing with its flurry, for some, celebration, for others, sorrow. 
So it will be until time is fulfilled.


I’m glad I cannot see beneath to thoughts you do not speak 
Or sorrows that yet wait to press their tear upon my cheek 
Or trials to perfect the fledgling Faith authored by he 
Who loves us so He clarifies our authenticity 

The best and worst yet veiled by moments time has not yet spilled 
Through hours not yet come to pass in days not yet fulfilled 
Can entertain our guess and humour fancy’s raving ranks 
But none can see the pieces yet that wait to fill yon blanks 

I’m glad that we can know, He whom by faith we have believed 
Is able to keep that which we commit, by faith achieved 
Where between now and when we meet Then, near or far away
I’m glad to know, that God, not men, will have the final say 

© Janet Martin 

2 Tim.1:12
nevertheless I am not ashamed, 
for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded 
that He is able to keep what I have committed 
to Him until that Day.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”
(John 1:1-5)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!