Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pictures.....







Pictures, they just sit and stare
And they never say a word
Frozen in an image where
Hearts and memories are stirred
And I pause to wipe a tear
Darling, it’s almost like you’re here

The keen wind breathes a melody
Where the bluer shadows fall
I can feel you here with me
It’s like you never left at all
I reach out to touch your face
No one else can take your place

Pictures, they just sit and stare
Silent echoes from the past
It is more than I can bear
As I reach to hold you fast
For there are no words to speak
My tear falls on your paper cheek

Janet~

1 comment:

  1. Janet, would it be okay if I use this for a scrapbook layout? I will make sure your name is on it...I want to give credit where credit it due! :D It's a GREAT poem! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!