Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Little Bit of Heaven.....




The way I caught you looking
When you thought I wasn’t looking
The way you almost smiled
When you saw that I saw you
The way you brush the sorrows
And the worry of tomorrows
From my eyes without touching me at all
The way the thoughts of you silently fall
Maybe that’s God’s extra-special way
Of giving me a little heaven every day

The way she holds on to me
For a second every morning
The way she runs back in if she forgets her kiss
Standing on her tip-toes, hug and run, I love you, mom
The tip of her nose gets the kiss I almost miss
Honey, don’t forget your lunch today
Sonny, know this, God hears you when you pray
Who knew heaven came in eyes so blue
In little words like Bye mom, I love you
Maybe it’s God’s extra-special way
Of giving me a little heaven every day

I hold a little longer to the moments as they’re slipping
And I wish that I was stronger for even as I’m gripping them
They slip away and soon become the fields of yesterday
But oh, I see you looking and you know that I am looking
No one would miss us if we slipped away
A little bit of heaven must have slipped from the horizon
As I hear the things that only eyes can say
Maybe it’s God’s extra-special way
Of giving me a little heaven every day

Janet~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!