Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just Because the Sky Was Blue.....


I tried to lose myself today
on those blue hilltops far away.
I thought of how the wind would pull
And tease, and it was wonderful
And I yearned for the melody
Sung by a turquoise evening breeze
Where I could sit with my bare-feet
in the babbling of the creek
and then I strolled across the grass
where fleet-foot spring and summer pass
and I got lost in yesterday
where far too many memories lay
and there you were, as good as new
and just because the sky was blue
and just because an ocean lay
betwixt today and yesterday
and just because love is not bound
by barriers stretched across the ground
and just because I love you too
I got lost......
in thoughts of you.

J~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!