Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Weighing the Balance




The ballad of time's live-laugh-love
Flows in the undertow
Through ether tent of seasons spent 
In living's high and low

Oh, I could sigh for days gone by
And wishes not come true
And I could weep for Yester’s keep
But what good would it do?

That begging bin beneath my skin
Though love pours out its gold
Is hollow still, against my will
And I am growing old

Inhale, exhale, a sacred grail
Filled with fresh vim and verve
Pours through love’s ache of give and take
Much more than I deserve

…though I could cry for days gone by
And dream’s futility
Life is too swift to miss the gift
Of what yet waits to be

© Janet Martin

1 comment:

  1. Don't cry for days gone by. Celebrate that we did it. Make every moment so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!