Sunday, January 24, 2021

He Restoreth My Soul


Psalm 23:1-3
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
 He restoreth my soul: 
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness 
for his name's sake.





Whether our pastures are green or white
The Shepherd of our souls is not hampered by the season!

He restores our souls 
But only as we pause 
And only as we meditate 
On His statutes and laws 

And only as we pray 
And only as we trust 
And reconcile our willful way 
To Mercy’s perfect must 

…and only as we drink 
Where we will never thirst 
And only as we rearrange 
Our loves and put God first 

And only by His grace 
Through faith, that makes us whole 
He leads us to the quiet place 
Where He restores our souls 

© Janet Martin

by Samuel Sebastian Wesley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!