Sunday, January 24, 2021

Bit 'o Dusk Doggerel

I love the earth asleep beneath a sweep of snow and shadows cast ...




I love the earth asleep beneath a sweep of snow and shadows cast 
How daybreak’s oriflamme is lowered on dusk’s flagpole at half-mast 
And how wow is the only word that seems to fit the frame of mind 
As we behold gold blurred with blue turned into today left behind 

© Janet Martin


Daughter cooking dinner means time for a bitty dusk-ditty...or two💗



I love the way the heart feels snuggled 'neath a heap of down-duvets 
And earth is like a painting swaddled before our very gaze 
And dusk is like a dark blue blanket tossed across worlds lost from view 
And somehow as we stand and watch it we become a bit lost too 

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!