Thursday, March 1, 2018

Honorable Opportunist



 It's one of those mornings where everything felt a little heavier than I wished it did...
so I'm taking this as my verse for the day;
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or empty pride, 
but in humility consider others more important than yourselves.
Phil.2:3-4 

 Happy March 1st!!
Two years ago we were recovering from an ice-storm.






No matter what this day may hold
Lord, let me take its gray or gold
And turn each opportunity
Into love’s kind humility

…let me with honor recognize
The gift that in each moment lies
And always bear in mind this thought
To be faithful, whate'er my lot

…no matter what this day may bring
Soon comes dusk’s gentle severing
Then let me seek with humble heart
To kindly, meekly do my part

…to take this day, You, Lord, have lent
And make the most of each moment
To turn its gift of grace into
A hymn of thankful praise to You


…and always keep this goal in mind
To be generous, patient, kind
Not for the sake of vanity
But oh, my Lord, to honor Thee

Your death upon a cross for all
Makes worthy life's most common call
Then may Your love that sets man free
Be ever reflected through me


© Janet Martin


This morning seems mild as a lamb but there is rumblings of a lion waiting to roar...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!