Tuesday, March 13, 2018

For All The Hers and Hims


 I tried to post something earlier but I simply could not concentrate this morning 
so after the first verse was somewhat jumbly-jotted, I jumped in the vehicle 
and went to one of my favorite local beauty-spots to 'commune' with my Maker.
... a small plot of Grave-markers and a grand vista of 'present'  balances perspective!
Sometimes when I'm out in the quietness of His wonderful world it's like God puts his arm around me and He whispers/shouts, "Janet, look! I made all this and I will take care of you and yours!"


The blue tulle where dusk’s crepuscule gathered earth in its folds
Begins to thin; the din that daylight wakens starts to stir
Yon bar layered with stars grows dim and dons flushed pinks and golds
Once more the door of mercy metes time’s streets to him-and-her

This burial place of human race is decked with dashing feet
The gateway to what-waits-to-be rouses earth’s eastward scrim
Ho, ho, here’s to a showdown where woe and wonder compete
As Mercy pours light to time’s corridors for her-and-him

A canvas splashed with answers that we cannot comprehend
Clashes with questionnaires we clutch in vain like paper gods,
While earth showcases manifold Masterpieces, my friend
And woos us to trust in the Artist all nature applauds

Time’s seasoned telltale signs keens expectation’s catalyst
Where That-and-This still startles him-and-her with life’s Meanwhile
God keep us on our tippy-toes with rose and amethyst
And points our faces upward to anoint us with His smile

© Janet Martin

 O Lord, You have looked through me and have known me. 
  You know when I sit down and when I get up. You understand my thoughts from far away. 
  You look over my path and my lying down. You know all my ways very well. 
  Even before I speak a word, O Lord, You know it all.
  You have closed me in from behind and in front. And You have laid Your hand upon me.
  All You know is too great for me. It is too much for me to understand.
Ps. 139:1-6 

To my blog-readers, not on FB; Jim got his surgery results today!
Although the tumor was cancer, we are thankful they caught it early and
no immediate further treatment is needed.
He will be watched closely however because this type of tumor can return quickly.
Thank-you for all you prayers, thoughts and encouragement!
Continued prayers are deeply appreciated.

...oh! and where is this beauty spot, you are asking?😀
At the east end of the 10th/Well. Cty. Rd.8!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!