Friday, April 4, 2014

Since Our Last Conversation



PAD Challenge Day 4: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “Since (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem.



Since our last conversation
Years have swept across the yard
And what remains of you and I
Is like an old post-card

Some memories grow distant, cold
Like hallmarks of lost fame
Time leaves its kiss upon my cheek
But you remain the same

We progress toward morrow’s place
Where hope still keens its dark
In spite of countless yesterdays
And dreams that lost their spark

Since the last time I craved your voice
The sun has risen…once
I always thought Time takes away
What it cannot ensconce

I’ve climbed many an afternoon
To gaze across the tide
Of Time’s intrinsic moment-swoon
…morning to noon to night

Since our last conversation
Past has grown robust and fat
For since dawn of creation
Years have a way of doing that

© Janet Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!