Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Caught in the Becoming of You...






  • Write a realism poem. A poem that is rooted in the real world. Or…
  • Write a magical poem. A poem that incorporates magical or fantastical elements


No abracadabra will bring you to me
No wand can rearrange history
Nor can I fold with a wink of my eye
Miles gaping cold between you and I

No spell can force from your lips thought unheard
Laughter and love are not tricked into word
Black-scarlet cape, the illusionist’s cloak
Cannot obliterate horrors we spoke

Night is a deep velvet hat, but the years
Cannot reverse where its dark disappears
Thought-blood of sorrow is not red, but blue
Its potent river unscathed by voodoo

You are unreachable, no hex or charm
No metamorphosis manifests form
Ethereal harbor of mystic appeal
Time’s transformation from real to surreal

I’ve never touched you and yet you become
My every whisper and deed I have done
Darling, you tease me with echoes; your kiss
Ravaging eons of what no longer is

I cannot gather you nor hypnotize
That which is bent on streamlining your sighs
Yet here in my hand your threads tremble, gold-gray
Waiting to weave your corpus; Yesterday

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!