Monday, September 20, 2021

Wonder-World -Wealthy

Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust,
And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.

6Sacrifice and offering You did not desire;
My ears You have opened.
Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.
7Then I said, “Behold, I come;
In the scroll of the book it is written of me.
8I delight to do Your will, O my God,
And Your law is within my heart.”

 (because Awesome Wonder makes life wonder-full)





Wonder rewards its heritor with wealth a-hundred-fold
A well-spring without barriers to joyfully behold
It fills the world with pleasure to enrapture and confound
A vault of hidden treasure overflowing all around

Some wonder we behold with eyes and some with humbled heart
As we begin to recognize its vault of ageless art
Its wealth, not in showcases filled with ‘look but do not touch’
But spilled from friendly faces, wisdom’s fount, seasons and such

Wonder waits to be tasted at each turn, it seems to me
Thus, Time should not be wasted in indulgent vanity
But rather, with each breath exalt the Giver of today
Because at every turn Death also stalks its primal prey

Wonder is worship’s uttermost; nothing can take its place
It strips proprietors of boast in its selfless embrace
And lifts the drooping spirit as it fills us with surprise
And gifts us with the merit of love’s selfless paradise

As high as heavens pathless hills and deep as deepest sea
A world of still impending thrills, unfurled epiphany
A grand buffet that beckons, its fulfilling feast beguiles 
Where The Creator reckons mortal appetites, and smiles

Pride goes before the fall and strangles wonder that would be
It caters to a call of covetous idolatry
And leaves a sense of joy amiss, its bliss a bitter fraud
But Wonder’s perfect happiness reveals a glimpse of God

Wonder wakens awareness, not to pelf of miser’s lure
But to unrivaled rareness of wealth coin cannot procure
Wonder wears threads of duty but, like autumn’s orchard bent
It yields the fruit of beauty in a heart sweetly content

© Janet Martin






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!