Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Beggar's Legacy


I beg for fresh reason and rhyme
As we weather seasons of time...




I beg, but not for milk or bread
Rather, for ink-drops not yet bled
For panoramic views to spill
To the mind’s eye from fluent quill
To feel you near, though miles apart
Through Poem, dear, to cheer the heart

I beg for fresh reason and rhyme
As we weather seasons of time
For font to translate into word
Wonder; when wont to be deterred
By duty; blinded by its rod
While Beauty brims with hymns to God

For eyes to see and ears to hear
The melody borne on time’s tear
Where the veneer of here and now
Is always on the move somehow
I beg to learn to want for less
And then, in turn find happiness

...to recognize the luxury
Of phrases such as 'you and me'
To view nothing as commonplace
In today's God-made gift of grace
I beg for wishes to be awed
By the kind faithfulness of God

I beg for Brushstrokes of fine art
By He who sees my heart of heart
The Tender and the Terrible
He knows both Bard and Beast full well
Then, lest I be a fickle fool
I beg for faith, not fear to rule

I beg for joy when Circumstance
Changes the tempo of the dance
And all the steps that I rehearsed
Dismissed in light of ‘others first’
I beg for love’s ink to run rife
And pen the poetry of life

© Janet Martin

Psalm 16:11
You will show me the path of life; 
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
 At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.


Psalm 21:4
He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, 
even length of days for ever and ever.

Psalm 17:15
As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness:
 I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!