Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Small But Mighty

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good;
 and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. 
For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

James 3:9-10
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father,
and with it we curse human beings,
who have been made in God’s likeness.
Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing.
My brothers and sisters, this should not be.

Chit-chat with friends over tea is one of life's sweetest luxuries...
Words are such powerful little vessels, 
They build up
and tear down
They can be tugboats
or torpedoes 
They can be an arm across a shoulder
or a punch on the nose
They can be sharp as thorns
or like a pretty rose...


Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, 
be acceptable in thy sight, 
Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Words can be exchanged so swiftly
Tender touch or verbal spear
Meet their mark to spark a tempest
Or to pacify and cheer

None the human tongue can bridle
Like a tidal wave, words pour
As out of the heart’s abundance
The mouth spills its treasure-store

Hurting, healing, cursing, blessing
Someday we will give account
For the deluge that comes spewing
From a small but mighty fount

© Janet Martin

But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, 
they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
Matt.12:36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!