Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Tribute to Coffee...


 Coffee can capture circular art wherever you set it!

Sometimes when I'm grinding coffee beans in the evening
 to set the coffee-maker for the morrow
I almost wish it was morning...it smells SO good!

 Today while kiddos napped I celebrated the last day of February 
with a sunny back-porch siesta/snooze!

I never can articulate
The secret of your brew
But nothing else exhilarates
My inner Me like you

Ah, you are morning’s perfect host
High noon’s hip-hip-hooray
With you I raise a twilight-toast
To salute end of day

A fit-for-all-occasions
Celebration in a cup
And when I go to bed at night
I can’t wait to wake up

© Janet Martin

Dessert Coffee; 1 strong, black fresh-brewed coffee
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp maple syrup (or more if you prefer sweeter)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!