Friday, February 1, 2019

Happy February!


Because of schedules that keep me housebound more than I would choose if life was like that,
I feel like I didn’t quite get my fill of January’s thrills but better that way than the opposite, right?
Hopefully we live each day as if we didn't get quite enough of live-laugh-love,
always eager for a little more in the morning. 



A prayer of Dedication

Make me thankful for the moment
For the gift of now and here
Let me live as if the Present
Was about to disappear

Make me hungry for the hour
Tasting it with diligence
Counting blessings like the miser
Counts his dollars and his cents

Make me useful, careful, prayerful
Make me humble, helpful, kind
For with moment-measure’s sparkle
Soon a life is left behind

Amen 

© Janet Martin

 Remember your Creator
    in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
    and the years approach when you will say,
    “I find no pleasure in them”—
Eccles.12:1

 Now all has been heard;
    here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
    for this is the duty of all mankind.
14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
    including every hidden thing,
    whether it is good or evil.
Eccles.12:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!