Friday, March 1, 2019

Well, It's Morning (and March!)


 Happy, happy March💚💧💨🌞


Well, it’s morning
Hope’s adorning
Sweeps the countryside with light
Duty beckons
Where man reckons
With the charge of wrong and right

Well, it’s morning
Earnest warning
Mingles with love’s law of grace
Bids us muster
More than bluster
For the vigor of the chase

Well, its morning
No returning
To the trampled trails of Past
Mercy meters
To dawn’s greeters
A new day, never yet cast

Well, it’s morning
Oh my darling
Let’s not dream of should’ring care
Without yielding
Unknown’s wielding
To the One who hears our prayer

© Janet Martin

 
Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O LORD, You hear my voice;
 at daybreak I lay my plea before You and wait in expectation.

What a comfort to know we can lay our every plea before Him
AND wait in expectation!
Sometimes I lay my plea before Him then pick back up the 'pack of cares
I professed to lay down
instead of waiting in expectation...


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this repetition and the conversational style! And you have beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you. Yes, I have a gorgeous sweeping countryside vista I never tire of in any season! note; the silos/farm the sun is rising over is the home-farm I grew up on. My brother and his family live there now.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!