Friday, February 1, 2019

Sheer Wonder of So Much Love


All-in-a-Friday-morning's-musing...
Last night at supper we were discussing something that led to someone saying
how those days back then (of Emily and Melissa living at home)
feel like a dream and suddenly I had to swallow SO hard
to keep from adding extra salt to the soup I was eating...
 Time, what a trickster; turning something totally common into love's tender trophy, even now!

Suddenly I understand the song Row, Row Your Boat a little better...esp. with this video.

As a wife and mother I’ve learned things
 I thought I was incapable of
And would be utterly impossible
 If it wasn’t for so much love

As a wife and mother I carry
A hold beneath ivory-ribbed bars
A vault tattooed and almost buried
With wave upon wave of brave salt-stars

As a wife and mother I’ve tasted
Love’s bitterest gall and sweetest joys
And I’d wonder if it was worth it
But for so many precious girls and boys

As a mother and wife I could be
So sad over so much lost
Until I remember that love always comes
With so much cost

As a wife and mother I know I’d be
A continuous, emotional mess
If it wasn’t for the sheer, dear beauty of
So much happiness

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!