Sunday, November 27, 2011

She said, 'My Name is Hope'


She said, ‘My name is Hope’
And then I knew
Hope is an angel
Five years old
With perfect black dread-locks
And I told her
Hope is beautiful
As her smile
Parted the heavy clouds...

Once, new-born perfection
Grasped my little finger
And heaven was warm
With soft silky hair
And a wee baby’s cry
Tonight, in his awkward drawn-out hug
I knew perfection has many layers
And love is thirteen years old
And nearly a man

Once, you whispered to me ‘just believe’
And I was afraid but I said ‘yes’
And then I knew
That God is a poet
Yet, I will never know why
He chooses to pour
The Perfection of His grace
In ten-thousand thousand
Kisses on my face

J~

2 comments:

  1. Hope, Believe...these are indeed beautiful, just have to hold on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and ONLY because of Grace, we can!

    Thank-you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!