Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Love One Another


Let me begin at the heart of you

Lest in my selfish haste

I sadly should miss the part of you

That forms love’s ever-best


Is there to love a beginning or end?

I have not found it so

Love cannot choose its course, my friend

Or where its tides may flow


I thought a kiss was love’s signature

But as I held you near

The rush of the past, present and future

Brushed my cheek in your tear


Affection is tender and beautiful

Love, a double-edged ache

All of life’s goodness, pleasure and grief

Tremble within its wake


Love is not glamorous, easy or grand

Nor a thing given in part

It is not something we hold in our hand

But something we are from the heart


Janet Martin


http://carryontuesdayprompt.blogspot.com/2011/10/carry-on-tuesday-129.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!