Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Time's Touch



I don't know about you, 
but for me this summer has been a blur of busy-ness 
with little boys,
blooms 
and the bustle of Becoming... 


This blink of blue
This drink of dew
This pink prelude
To night
This hip-hooray
Of yea and nay’s
Voracious appetite

This shred of silk
This bread and milk
This threaded ilk
Of awe
This weight of care
A gate to prayer
This grin-and-bear
Guffaw

This blur of youth
Him, her, lies, truth
This wise or uncouth
Leap
This dream-come-true
This how-are-you
I love you too
Wake-sleep

This hold-let-go
This high and low
This bye-hello
Ado
This fret and fuss
And bless and cuss
That vexes
Me and you

This brief alloy
Of grief and joy
Of leaf-ahoy
And such
Of that and this
Is like a kiss
We dare not miss
….time’s touch

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!