Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Simply Steppingstones...


As soon as I question Your ways, God
I forget my place
I am a sinner washed in Your blood
I am a sinner saved by Your grace!

 But God proves His love for us in this: 
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom.5:8



Lord, let me not forget my place
I am a sinner saved by grace
What you allot, allow, ordain
Help me accept and not complain

The mind and heart of God, who knows
The love wherefrom all blessing flows
Pours in a mercy-tide to we
Who would be hopeless/helpless without Thee

Our anguish cupped in mortal glove
Often misunderstands Your love
Yet, words are inept to explain
The loss You suffered for our gain

Then, in this leap of hold-let go
Remind us, Lord, each high or low
In all we touch, taste, see and do
Are simply stepping-stones to You

…where all we prize of earthly ties
Is but a vault of veiled good-byes
So let us not forget our place
We are but sinners, saved by grace


© Janet Martin

 
Psalm 59:16
But I will sing of Your strength and proclaim Your loving devotion in the morning. 
For You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!