Friday, June 1, 2018

Humbly Thankful (a love poem)


Hubby's 'Happy 54th Birthday' today!
Happy Birthday Jim!
...and because I know you prefer short, SHORT poems, 
here is a short one for you...

For all the miles you've 'run'
For all the shoveled 'poo'
This is a great big "thank-you hon" 
And a great big "I love you" 
(for all the times I didn't say thank-you)

 Thank-you for the millions of miles you've driven (and scooped)
to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table and shoes on our feet!

Here's another short-ish poem for us...

We celebrate our 30th anniversary on Sunday 
so in case I'm not back til next week this poem is a little tribute to thirty years of us!



Life sometimes leaves us wishing for things we could use more of
But I am humbly thankful for more-than-I-deserve love
Where just-between-the-two-of-us would leave many a lapse
But by kind love and help from God He fills in all the gaps
As through the ups and downs of love and life and try, try, try
The older that we get the more love seems to satisfy
Then come what may from day to day, one thing we know is sure
God’s love entwined with yours and mine makes our love secure

I could spice up this poem hon, with words like ‘sweetie-pie’
But you know me too well so I’ll just wink, (and you know why)

© Janet Martin

 One of 'our songs'💟


6 comments:

  1. Here's to all the special June days, and everydays! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! thank-you:) looking forward to lots of birthdays,weddings and anniversary celebrations!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you both - 30th, wow! Janet, you barely even look 30! And a fine happy birthday to your 'Sweetie-Pie" x
    Lovely words as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much. I really don't know where 30 years went...into thin air, just like that!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!