Monday, June 18, 2018

Believing Without Answers...


My sister-in-law Karen would appreciate prayers.
A week ago she fell and is suffering much pain and some complications due to that fall.
She is battling some discouragement after a winter of health-struggles!
 (it feels like it just never ends for them!!!)
Especially this last year! (click this link Dave and Karen  
and follow posts to last June for a glimpse of prayer-requests,
after my brother Dave fell from a roof )
Dave has never fully recovered from that fall but is learning to work with a new 'normal'.
 But they believe in the power of prayer and are so thankful for prayers that have carried them through rough times so would dearly appreciate them once more!
Please pray for healing of body and spirit!
Thank-you.

 A hymn of kind Assurance   
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
Isa.41:10

The good that we would choose would not be wrapped in pain and fears
It would not test our trust or make us wonder ‘why’ though tears
"The purpose we are called to’ we do not always applaud
Where we are oft unable to explain the will of God

For God, whose thoughts are higher than mortal can comprehend
Whose ways are far above the way we think His ways should bend
Sees far more than the moment-dots we struggle to connect
As all things work together for the good of His elect

He knows the woes we suffer are not pleasing to endure
But oh, He goes before us and makes every step secure
He levels mountains, breaks bronzed gates and cuts through iron bars
While testing we who follow with the bite of battle-scars

So we may know that He is Lord and His love never fails
…so we may find the hidden riches surrender unveils
…so we may learn to simply trust His love misunderstood
Believing without answers that He works for our good

© Janet Martin

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Rom.8:28

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isa.55:9

“I will go before you and level the mountains; I will break down the gates of bronze and cut through the bars of iron. 3I will give you the treasures of darkness and the hidden riches of secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by name.…
Isa.45:2-3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!