Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Most Tender Feelings, Love





The most tender feelings, love
Are cupped where words elude
How does one spell the heart’s full swell
Of humble gratitude?

I love when love replies
In soft, satisfied gaze
And happiness is the caress
Of ordinary days

Be kind, oh sweeping years
And do not brush to naught
Those pictures of every-day love
To gratify my thought

The comfort of farewell
I cannot spell in speech
Or how it spills in half-breath thrills
When you are out of reach

The most tender feelings, love
Evade word’s fraught well-springs
And are best told as we unfold
Life’s ordinary things

© Janet Martin

Sometimes its good to remember that Busy Saturday is a precious gift wrapped in Ordinary! Off to fulfill its 'orders':)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!