Monday, September 30, 2019

Summoning of Seasoned Senses...(a sort of farewell to sweet September)


 It is so difficult sometimes to reconcile our Want
to the will of Time...
Farewell, September, I hardly remember you
as you flowed through much to do!




As the days like sea-waves roll
Fading on dusk’s westward break
As mere moments take their toll
Strewing seasons in their wake
Seems I sense where echoes cling
An immense unraveling

As the years their fears resign
Sweetness tinged with bitter truth
As the tears with smiles entwine
Like a vine with blighted fruit
Seems I sense where seasons spill
An immense and binding chill

As the refuge once I sought
In some future fantasy
Crumbles where a world of thought
Tumbles through roused reverie
Seems I sense amidst its din
An immense calm closing in

As Time, neither friend nor foe
Turns the green tree russet-gold
As resistance yields its show
Where what once was young grows old
Seems I sense, on leaf-strewn yards
An immense changing of guards

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!