Saturday, September 21, 2019

A Daybreak Hallelujah







Black, black as ink dons hints of mauve then swathes of pink and gold
The way the day moves night away is something to behold
And with the light the onward fight of wrong and right proceeds
The noise of griefs and joys employs the creature’s words and deeds

The sky is like a choir bursting into glorious laud
Dawn’s hour like a flower unveiling the pow’r of God
Arise, arise, time flies silk-soft, like silver thistle seed
And draws us to the Awesome Throughway to which all roads lead

But it is not in vain; pleasure and pain of gain and loss
If we commit to suffer it as soldiers of the cross
The Prize beyond what dies and dawns instills hope’s drills with worth
And bids us climb the grid of time with more in mind than earth

Come now and bow beneath the wreath of heaven’s majesty
And raise a hymn of praise to He who loves us perfectly
He crowns the frowns and ups and downs of love and life with light
Where black as ink unshackles pink that melts away the night

© Janet Martin

 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.

Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!