Thursday, September 5, 2019

Solace...


 
 A few of the many glorious pictures in scripture 
of the Righteous and Loving God to Whom we pray...
From Isa. 40... 





 Ezekiel 34:16
I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, 
and will bind up that which was broken, 
and will strengthen that which was sick: 
but I will destroy the fat and the strong; 
I will feed them with judgment.

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, 
how often I have longed to gather your children together, 
as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.
Matt.23:37

He tends his flock like a shepherd: 
He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; 
he gently leads those that have young.
Isa. 40:11


Ah, sweet, sacred intimacy
When man to God draws near
Where hearts are poured in prayerful plea
Where only He can hear

Trust's altar, vouchsafed for mankind
Where want and need are bled
Where surrender and faith are blind
And cling to Mercy’s stead

What awesome privilege to rest
Beneath perfect love’s wing
Where He who knows and answers best
Gathers us close to Him


© Janet Martin

I've shared this song many times because I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!