Friday, November 30, 2018

One More November, Please

PAD Challenge day 30! Oh my, time flies when we're having poem-fun. 
Can't believe another Chapbook challenge is done!
For today’s prompt, take the phrase “One More (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem. Possible titles include: “One More Time,” “One More Night,” or “One More Piece of Chocolate.” 
I hope you have one more poem in you.



I told the mom I babysit for the other day that Victoria and I feel November-ripped-off!
So much SNOW!
We always look forward to its bleak landscapes and shades of bronze, browns and smoky blues...
I'll take one more November, if you please???
(this photo was last year)



I’d take another one of you
To drink your ache of bronze and brown
To marvel at your modest gown
Your halo, sullen, smoky blue

I’d take one more; your robe of white
With all its sequins, stars and such
Feels far too cold beneath my touch
It doesn’t fit or feel quite right

I’d take you dressed in dreary gray
Bereft of leaf and field of flow’r
I’d revel in your barren bow’r
I’d dance your dreariness away

I’d paint your picture on my heart
A masterpiece of aftermath
Where autumn’s flame etches each path
In quaint and quiet works of art

I’d take one more November, please
And tell winter to wait its turn
While we trace frost-embellished fern
And dark, stark limbs of leafless trees

© Janet Martin



1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!