Thursday, November 1, 2018

Glorious Thought

Writer's Digest's Poem-a-day Challenge 1; For today’s prompt, write a glorious poem.





The tide that trouble rides upon seems never to deplete
And life, though it runs rife with joy, is never Easy Street
But oh, the woe we know is never greater; glorious thought
Than God’s kind grace to human race for all His ways allot

The bread we break and often take for-granted as we chew
While mouths are filled with food, our minds are filled with Much Ado
Until a nudge reminds us to remember; glorious thought
His grace will be sufficient when our ways and means are not

 Our Hope is Fixed upon the Rock; not gods of wood and stone
The prayers we pray are heard even when words evade our groan
And though fear tries to veer faith’s eyes from trust, oh, glorious thought
We have His confidence in us; the loving grace of God

© Janet Martin

 Psalm 62:2
He alone is my rock and my salvation; 
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

2 Samuel 22:47
The LORD lives, and blessed be my Rock!
And may God, the rock of my salvation, be exalted--

(another sweet fav:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!