Friday, November 23, 2018

I Can't Seem To Shake Your Whispers...

PAD Challenge 23: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “I Can’t (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem.


I can't seem to shake your whispers
Or the urge that they bequeath
Seems that we are bound together
By the very air we breathe

By the thought that begs the reason
By the 'pressing to the goal'
By the turning of the season
And the yearning of the soul

I can't be myself without you
You weave wonder through each mile
There is just something about you
That makes waiting worth its while

Worth the want while glimmers grapple
Worth the hunt while words implore
Worth the re-e-e-aching for the apple
From an almost-poem floor

Janet Martin


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!