Monday, May 14, 2018

Leader, Guide, Director

The beautiful truth of God's love is, it is perfect even when life hurts! 
I wrote this poem with tears in my eyes, a lump in my throat and hope in my heart 



Our Sunday morning message included these promises...

 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
(with easy-to-remember-reference) Exodus 14:14

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, 
who[ have been called according to his purpose.
Rom.8:28

Mist morning-tide seeps through hushed deeps across flushed meadowlands
It kisses slumb’ring worlds from sleep and rouses time’s demands
Where oft the ways of right and wrong collide and intersect
And oft we need to pray to God to lead, guide and direct

To lead us from temptation else we would be drawn astray
To guide through tribulation when we cannot see the way
To direct our path when mercy feels misunderstood
And trust His word, pure, undeterred ‘He works for our good’

He orchestrates, beyond mankind’s perception, Perfect Plan
His thoughts and ways are higher than the thoughts and ways of man
So Lord, forgive us when we doubt; our errant want correct
And teach us how to trust You as You lead, guide and direct
 

© Janet Martin

He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Ps.23:3

Guide me in your truth and teach me, 
for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Ps.25:5

In all your ways acknowledge Him, 
And He shall direct your paths. Prov:3:6

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!