Tuesday, May 8, 2018

But If They Could...




Sometimes we pray for miracles God does not seem to bring
We pray for health and healing for a loved one’s suffering
But in the end God deems it fit to take them from this life
While we are left to mourn the loss of child, husband or wife

…and wonder at God’s perfect way and will we’ll never know
Where “why, God, why”, wafts to the sky as loved ones miss them so
But if they could I’m sure they would from yonder portal call
And tell us Heaven is the greatest miracle of all

© Janet Martin

On Saturday at the wedding, in lieu of traditional wedding favors Jamie and Becca left this;
for so many would-have-been guests, dearly missed...



 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! 
How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! 
For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, 
OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR? 
Rom.11:33-34 

 Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.  
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.

 Ps.139:23-24



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!