Friday, May 18, 2018

Bull-fight (or Something Like It)...or, Art of Discovery

Waiting for the first little ones to arrive...
Two weeks ago one of the dads said his son's highlight at Janet's house is good food
...and finding worms!
 (more on that if you click this link)


Last week his son was delighted to inform me that they have worms at their house too!
What have you been delighted to discover recently?
Yesterday I 'discovered' the thrill of seeing a real bluebird for the first time in my life!
 I wonder what we will discover today on our way to The Prize worth fighting for!

 Hopefully it will amount to a little more than this...


The Prize worth fighting for is veiled with time’s regale of days
Regale of days stirs sight and insight with discovery
Discovery is rife with joy and disappointment’s ways
And disappointment’s ways teach us grace and humility

Grace and humility keep greed and jealousy at bay
Ah, greed and jealousy are like a noose about the heart
The heart, ‘oh, who can know it’; wild bull in a jar of clay
A jar of clay The Potter longs to make a work of art

A work of art in spite of how our nature tends to be
Our nature tends to be self-based; self wants and wants more-more
‘More’ comes in many forms; but none as praise-worthy as He
Who keeps our gaze transfixed upon the Prize worth fighting for

The Prize worth striving for is veiled with time’s regale of days…

© Janet Martin

 Pressing Toward the Goal
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have laid hold of it. 
But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
All of us who are mature should embrace this point of view. 
And if you think differently about some issue, God will reveal this to you as well.…
Phil.3:13-15

 Yet you, LORD, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
Isa.64:8

2 comments:

  1. pretty Janet, maybe not the worms part but that was cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha-ha! right, huh?! you just never know what to expect. one child is terrified of worms and the next one enthralled! Thank-you Trish, for stoppiong on my porch. Hope you are having a Happy Victoria Day! I've worked outside all day and I think it's time for a break and maybe watch the movie Victoria.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!