Friday, November 2, 2018

Some Times...


 Sometimes '... I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  
 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;  
 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind 
and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.  
What a wretched man I am! 
Rom.7:21-24
Yep, sometimes this passage just reaches out and slaps me in the face when I sure do deserve it!
But then it goes on to ask,
'Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?  
25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!'
"Hallelujah!"
Nature's Artist is always looking to work wonders in our very human nature...it we let him!



Oh, it may seem, sometimes like God forgets or doesn’t hear
The ‘answer’ to a prayer, thin air and disappointment’s tear
Sometimes it feels like Mercy deals a blow where High Hope streamed
And teaches us humility in ways we never dreamed

Sometimes the demons we thought licked, return in sleek disguise
To tell us we were tricked into believing crafty lies
Then we flee to God’s Living Word to thwart the swords Doubt hurled
Greater is He within us than he that is in the world

Oh, it may seem, sometimes, that we fail far more than succeed
But our full-of-compassion-God is long-suff’ring indeed
He does not give what we deserve, though sometimes we complain
Redemption reaches down to lift us up to try again

Sometimes Faith’s Firm fidelity demands what seems unjust
A left-foot-right-foot march toward Hope’s Hierarchy of trust
While we rely on what we know, not on what we can see
And lean upon God’s promise of ‘grace sufficient for Thee’

Sometimes Goodness and Mercy wears a vexatious facade
The Moment more dominant than the endlessness of God
Then sometimes, as we wait upon the One who does not cease
He fills the emptiness of want with surrender, then peace


© Janet Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!