Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Morning Medley...


 But I will sing of your strength, 
in the morning I will sing of your love; 
for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
Psalm 59:16



Dawn yawns on eastern brink
As what we think we know
Of worst and best
Is put to test
By what day will bestow

The land that lay asleep
Is roused by kiss of sun
The cooing of
The mourning dove
Heralds new day begun

The colors of the world
Shed threads of charcoal-gray
Earth dons its gown
Of green and brown
As night is eased away

Morn spills its beauty-feast
Across new come-to-pass
The grace whereby
We laugh and cry
Strews diamonds on the grass

…and flowers to the branch
That weathered winter’s chill
As soft, within
This skiff of skin
He whispers, peace, be still

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!