Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Hope-Hug


I love listening to the above powerful hymn when hope needs a little hug...
It inspired a sudden 'hymn' from my heart...
as I prayed for my friend Jen 
thrust suddenly into the unwelcome world of cancer.
(please, pray too?)

He is greater, 
The Creator 
Of the rooming house of stars
He moves mountains 
With a whisper 
And persuades dawn from yon bars

He is mercy
Everlasting
When this cast of days dissolves
He is greater
The Creator
Of the home for redeemed souls

He is holy
Great and lowly
Are called to repent, believe
He is Awesome
He, the promise
Of life that death cannot grieve

He is greater
Than the crater
Twixt time and eternity
He is Father
and the Saviour 
Of sin-cursed humanity

He is greater
Mediator
Of words stuttered into prayer
No matter
How dark the valley
Still His faithful Light beams there

He is greater
The Creator
Of the world and all therein
He is mercy
He is holy
He is peace, hope, joy within

Hellelujah!

Janet Martin



2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a hope hug, and your beautiful poem is a lovely poem of the hope of God! Always a blessing to visit your blog Janet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie,thank-you for popping by my porch this morning and leaving a hug behind! Hug you right back!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!