Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Sweetest Flavour in the World


This post is a sequel to the previous post😀

Before...

After

Before...

After

(note; woodpiles appear much larger in real life than on a photo!!)😄

Before...

After...

Before...

After...

I like the taste of maple syrup on most anything 
And honey on plain yogurt is a meal fit for a king 
But no matter what I might name I think we all consent 
Few things taste sweeter than the flavour of accomplishment 

On the grand scale of achievements our triumphs may seem small 
No Nobel Peace Prize winner or Olympic gold medal 
But it is not the size that makes accomplishment so sweet 
Rather, whether we persevered till the task was complete 

Oh, isn’t it delightful, when at last we reach the end 
Of something built, cleaned, picked, packed, piled is there aught sweeter, friend? 
Than the exhilaration after dedication spent 
To savour the fine flavour of sweet, sweet accomplishment 

© Janet Martin

And the Sweetest Accomplishment of all?
even Sweeter than 'after covid?!!'





2 Tim.4:7-8
 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 
 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, 
which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—
and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!