Friday, November 13, 2020

Imagine That!


Inspired by this golden nugget...


This lovely gem came out of a box of Kleenex my sister gave to me;
She had opened up the end of the box carefully, pulled out the stack of Kleenexes
slid poems, quotes, humorous stories etc. in the folds between the Kleenex, 
then put it all back inside the box and re-glued the side shut.
Voila! a great, sweet, long-enjoyed gift

I only take a  Kleenex from that box
to 'treat' myself.
The above snippet was last night's treat after feeling a little down after
some recent headlines and much quick commentary;
some not so very kind.

Imagine if in place of slights and bites and prejudice 
We simply treated others like we would, they treated us 
Imagine if, (because we have not walked in their worn shoes) 
We didn’t form conclusions based on our own point of views 
Imagine if we weren’t so quick to pick up Judgement’s rod 
But simply loved and left the repercussions up to God 

Imagine if we chose to grant the benefit of doubt 
And sought only good thoughts and strove to sweep all others out 
Imagine if we would be courteous, with cheerful face 
And valued one another with encouragement and grace 
Imagine if we only reached out with a Servant’s touch 
Instead of criticism, or of back-stabbing and such 

Imagine what a wonderful world this would start to be 
If I began to treat you like I hope you would treat me 
Imagine if, for no other sake but our fellowman 
We shouldered our ‘rise ’n shine’ and pursued our ‘plan’ 
Imagine, if we reined in scornful words, sarcastic quips 
And everywhere we turned were helping hands and smiling lips 

Imagine what a sweeter, kinder old world this would be 
If by God’s grace I loved you like I hope you will love me 

© Janet Martin 

The Golden Rule

Matt.7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, 
do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!