Thursday, November 26, 2020

For Kids and Parents (of all ages)




We make laundry, 


Lots of messes 
Happiness’s 
Finest parts 
We make parents 
Laugh and lament 
We melt popsicles 

And hearts 



We make Ordinary 
Sacred

We make headaches ...

We are loud 
We make parents 
Lose their patience 
We make parents 
Feel so proud 

We make dishes 
And the wishes 
Of mommies 
And daddies come true 
We make noise 
And joys 
And sorrows 
Cause that's what 
Girls and boys do 


We make sticky 
Hugs and kisses 
We make adults 
Children too 
We make everything 
So worth it 
With soft, chubby, 
‘I wuv/love you’ 



Did I mention 
We make messes 
We make parents 
Find their knees 
While we make 
Best Happiness-es 
While we make 
Best Memories 

© Janet Martin 


I wrote this with one on my lap 
Squeezing me with hugs and kisses and one 
Beside me who, after I read 
Part of the poem 
pleaded non-stop 
‘ple-e-e-se may I have a melty popsicle? 
I love melty popsicles, ple-e-e-e-ase! 


Sometimes ya’ just gotta 
Strike while the iron is hot! 

Now let’s see if we have any popsicles! 
Yes!




So they had those while I posted this,
then Little boy climbed back up on my chair
 put his arms around my neck and right now he
is hiccupping loudly in my ear😍😂😇
(must be that popsicle:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!