Thursday, November 5, 2020

Change Is Not A Comfy Sweater


This post started while hanging out laundry
and contemplating Comfy...



One thing I love in fall is pulling out old sweaters
that have certainly seen better days
but have such a comfy, cozy coming-home feeling!

***
Change is definitely not a comfy sweater!
2020 has forced all of us into certain 'outfits' we would never choose
but must learn to adapt to, and wear!

***
Change keeps us on our toes...
Ballerinas poised on joy's highs and lows

***
Change yanks us from easy chairs 
to balance-beams
Thank God for books; yellow with age 
amidst change-fueled streams

***
Change is much more than a mirror
Playing back the view
Change is like a subtle shearer
Of sheep, and wolves too

***
Change is a symphony of Touch
Give and take synchronized
Look, while we try new shoes and such
It steals The Old we prized

***
Change; inevitable matter of Fact
Stretch if you must but keep Focus intact
Sooner or later, as change takes its toll
It will take all but Creator and Soul
 
***
Change is a strange, familiar thing
As common as a clock
Eternity hinged to a string
Thinned with each tick and tock

***


Tick-tock, tick-tock
If we could see 
Time's filigree unwind
With each tick-tock 
I think we'd all be
More humble and kind

*** 
Change sometimes makes me feel a bit like I am stuffed into 
An outfit snug and stiff, uncomfortable, brand new 
I’d rather wear something kind of threadbare but broken in 
Because I feel much more at home in Routine’s Rags, worn thin 

Change sometimes makes me feel like a child at a wishing well
Or middle-aging student learning how to read and spell 
Where familiar failures and successes are not enough 
To shield me from new guessing-lessons about life and love 

Change sometimes makes me happy but more often breaks the mold 
That feels like so much like my own skin, well-adapted and old 
Till estrangements and fresh arrangements stretch and test and try 
Change is a ladder to stars that keep falling from the sky 

© Janet Martin 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!