Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thursday Thoughts on Work

PAD Challenge Day 9: write a work poem.


You can tell a lot ‘bout folk
Not by what but how they work

***

No matter how menial
Or mundane its action
A job done well
Brings satisfaction

***

The happiest people
I bump into
Are those who have
A job to do

***

Do what you love, or else
Love what you do
This secret to success, my friend
Is up to me
And you

***

Not for great fame or wealth I ask
But that You fit me for my task
And Lord, grant then the work I do
Is a worship-song back to You

***

Happy the man who fills his days
Not by seeking but giving praise

***

The merit of satisfaction
Money cannot buy
But it rewards the one who gives
Life his or her best try

***

The only way
To truly enjoy
a holiday
is to work for it

***

The medicine of good, hard work
If bottled up and sold
Would soon heal unemployment
And the fear of growing old

***

If you are healthy
Work
If you are lonely
Work
If you are hungry
Work
If you are angry
Work
If you are anxious
Work
If you are lazy
Work
If you are young
Work
If you are old
Work
If you are rich
work
If you are poor
Work
If you are wise
Work
If you are foolish
Work
If you are able
Work
If you are awake
Work
If you are human
Work
Because someday
When you are sick in bed
You’ll wish for nothing, friend,
But to feel well enough to
Work

***

Beware, if you are afraid of work
That fear will kill you

***

Long it’s been spoken
And long it’s been true
The devil loves hands
With nothing to do

***

If you do not believe
That work is a beautiful trait
Then ask someone who’s lost their job
And they will set you straight

***

The poet’s work is best because
It seems in everything she does
No matter what her toil may be
The end result is poetry

***

So if we have a job to do
We should think it worth doing well
Whether we shine or wear the shoe
God sees the ‘me’ beneath the shell

So if we have a job to do
We should remember, rich or poor
That someday we will answer to
The Master we are working for

***

If you have work
Do not abhor it
But be glad
And thank God for it

***

When I asked God to keep and bless
This day I guess He knew
The secret to true happiness,
...He gave me work to do

***

Whether your tool of trade is a spade,
A pen, a steering wheel
This is the day the Lord has made
In which to use it well

© Janet Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!