Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Dare For Today

PAD Challenge day 8: For today’s prompt, write a dare poem.


I dare you to let go,
Of what we cannot change
And hold to what we can, my dear
For life, so swift and strange
Waits for no one but hastes away
Yet, always leaves behind Today

Futile to mope and hope 
For what can never be, 
Each new Today, my dear, is rich
With opportunity
And so I dare you to let go
Of what we cannot change or know

I dare you to embrace
The moment you are in
To live-laugh-love with all your heart
What will not pass again
And in this chase twixt sky and sod
I dare you, friend, to trust in God

 Janet Martin


Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. 

Prov.3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!