Sunday, April 26, 2015

Blushing Birthplace

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
 Ps.59:16

For today’s prompt, take a word or two invented by William Shakespeare, make it the title of your poem, and write your poem. Click here for a link to some words coined by Shakespeare, who was baptized on this date in 1564. If the link doesn’t work, here are a few: advertising, bloodstained, critic, dwindle, eyeball, hobnob, luggage, radiance, and zany. He invented more than 1,700!

Dark dwindles from lintels supporting space
As colors of daylight polish the sky
Where we bear witness to God's gift of grace
Stunning the ages with Time's newborn cry

Out on that line sealing heaven to earth
Hope's newness blushes, God brushes the air
With celebration, ah, hail the glad birth
Into this cradle of dirt, hurt, despair

...Mercy's allotment metes from dark, daylight
Who but our God can move midnight this way?
Dawn's birthplace blushes as His love ignites
Time's newborn offspring; we call it Today

Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!