Saturday, April 25, 2015

I Don't Want To Miss You





I don’t want to miss
The way You tip the sky
And pour earth full of color
After slumber’s charcoal sigh

You spill all around us
A still-life madrigal
And I don’t want to miss
Its wonder-bliss free-fall

...how it can pour
Like a holy shower
And drip from the edges
Of leaf and flower

Haste steals the taste
Of worship from my tongue
Where miracle-petals
Of mercy are flung

And I don’t want to miss
Being utterly awed
In a world of Masterpieces
Signed, yours truly, God

© Janet Martin

Happy Weekend. May it be filled with wonder/worship !



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank-you:) Dayle, and don't some of His signatures spills in pudgy little 'cupcakes?'
      Blessings~

      Delete
  2. Just found you, and loved reading that gorgeous poem... my kind of poetry... I shall be back to see you again, hugs from across the pond for sharing those lovely words.. J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to see you soon! thank-you so much for dropping by and for your kind words...

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!