Wednesday, April 8, 2015

If We Dare to Deny Him



PAD Challenge day 8: write a dare poem



We will never be all we were born to be
If we dare to deny the One who made us,
Don’t you see?

The voices in our head will spout cheap acronym
If we dare to deny the thread that draws us
Back to Him

Knowledge’s boast is base without belief in He
Who, somewhere in this frame of flesh placed
Immortality

…and we will never reach our full potential
If we dare to boldly deny the Giver
Of it all

Accomplishment is vain and touted Truth a fraud
If we dare to deny within its every essence
God

© Janet Martin

 Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

 
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."Ps.14:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!