Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Likes Of You...

All these families want is this...



More than my fingers get caught in your curls
More than my mouth laughs and smiles, it is true
More than my arms hug you, sweet boy and girl
Hearts get all tangled in the likes of you

Hearts can get blissfully lost in blue eyes
Hearts can grin big as the sky, so it seems
Hearts hold the world in sleepy half-pint size/sighs
Hush-a-bye baby, goodnight and sweet dreams

The likes of you consoles the likes of me
Makes me forget bossy cares for a while
Makes my heart happy, as happy can be
‘cause when I look at you I see God smile

© Janet Martin



1 comment:

  1. So lovely. Oh what we can learn from little ones. Children can be like beautiful music - calming and spiritually uplifting . . .thanks for the reminder of how God smiles, Janet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!